Saturday, February 23, 2013

Project #10

Finding the Right Tool
When I graduate from South I will be pursuing a job at an Elementary School hopefully grade 2 or 3. With my students I will want to use as many up-to-date technologies as possible. I do not want to merely lecture and require book work. I want my students to engage in their assignments, dig into the curriculum, and enjoy the material covered/learned.
In my classroom, I want to have learning software that links to my computer (or SMARTboard) that allows the students to interact with the unit. For instance, learning vocabulary would become fun. Students can now drag the appropriate vocabulary word and drop it onto the correct picture or definition. You can do the same thing with math, history, english, and reading!
I may be partially stuck in my childhood, but I would show a few lessons from "SchoolHouse Rock". As an adult I still remember some of those songs. They even helped me through high school! "Conjunction-junction, what's your function?" I know the quality is a bit dated, but the lesson learned is still accurate.

SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK

1 comment:

  1. Angela,
    Great post! I remember School House Rock like I watched it yesterday. I loved the songs but hated how they would be stuck in my head all day. The kids will love it, especially younger. I am also an elementary ed major. I am so excited about having a SmartBoard and all the tools it has. I was first introduced to the Smartboard in high school but really got the opportunity to play on it in Dr. Vitulli's art class. If you havent't had it yet, you're going to love it. If you had then you already know.

    One of the tools I found was the Tramline. It's like an online field trip! It's a really neat website with numerous lesson plans for virtual field trips. You should really check it out especially since you will be going into elementary. It's really kid friendly.

    Great post this week! Can't wait to read more of your posts.
    Melissa Canterbury

    ReplyDelete